- The goal of the Green Apple School Program is to encourage Quebec students to adopt healthy eating habits and increasing their fruits and vegetables consumption, which are the foundation of healthy eating habits.
To qualify, schools must comply with the following conditions:
- Must be a registered elementary or high school in Quebec.
- Daycares and adult education are not admitted. School daycare services can participate.
- Must submit their application by March 27, 2020.
- Project must be completed before June 19, 2020.
- Must complete a Post-Mortem of the project before July 31, 2020.
- Must have approval from school principal to set up the project.
- Engage the totality of the money in the realization of the project.
- Be located in a 30 kilometers radius from a Metro store.
- Must meet all the conditions listed below.
Eligibility criteria can be changed without prior notice.
- The project can take place within school property, at home, outside on school grounds or within the school community.
- Applications must be submitted online by completing the appropriate form.
- Projects that are accepted must be viable over time, and do not require the continual support of the Metro Green Apple School Program.
- Anyone affiliated with the school (principal, teacher, professional advisors, nurses, etc.) can submit a project with the principal’s approval.
- Projects will be analyzed on a first-come, first-serve basis and grants will be allocated if all the conditions are met.
- METRO reserves the right to allow grants according to geographic representation across the province.
- As part of its corporate responsibility approach, METRO is committed to making a positive contribution to the communities in which it operates and sources its merchandise. To ensure that METRO invests in these specific communities, grants will be awarded to schools located within a radius of 30 km of a Metro store.
- Applications must be completed online by March 27, 2020.
- Projects must be completed by June 19, 2020.
- A Post-Mortem of the project must be completed by July 31, 2020.
Here are some ideas to inspire you!
Prepare healthy lunch boxes, set up in-school cooking classes, create a garden in the school yard, publish a healthy recipe cookbook, design a healthy menu for the school cafeteria, organize a healthy recipe contest, create a posting campaign in the school on the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables, plan healthy Friday lunches, organize a full day of activities oriented on healthy eating, etc.
HOW IT WORKS
- Metro will invest $500,000 in the Green Apple School Program in Quebec. Grants worth $1,000 each will be awarded to selected schools.
- Schools can receive a maximum of two grants per school year.
- Two separate projects must be submitted in order to be considered for two separate grants.
- Grants awarded to schools must be used entirely to cover expenses for the completion of the projects.
- Classes/schools must provide a post mortem including a compilation of results achieved for the class once the project has been completed.
- If a grant is awarded, a cheque payable to the school will be sent to the Metro Store Manager. The Store Manager will contact the project manager to make arrangements for the presentation of the cheque. Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for the cheque to be processed (delay may vary).
- Since projects must be completed before the end of the school year, non-cashed checks will not be reissued after the validity period of six months.
- If a grant is awarded, a post mortem must be submitted online outlining the final project with photos or videos.
- The post mortem is due no later than 30 days after the project is completed or by July 31, 2020.
- The post mortem will include an observation document "before" and an observation document "after" the project that will show the total or the average results for the group, photos or videos and a budget recap.
- In downloading the pictures or videos, the project coordinator has the responsibility of ensuring that he/she has the parental authorization to allow Metro Richelieu Inc., its subsidiaries and agencies to use those files in various communications including the Green Apple School Program’s Project’s website, on metro.ca, on Metro’s Facebook page or in any other communications.
- The pictures must be authentic and free of rights
- Photos remain the property of Metro Richelieu Inc.
- Subject to the Selection Committee’s review and approval.
- The decision of the Committee is final.